background

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Welcome to The Storytellers

For years I have blogged about my kids, family, ministry and just life in general. Recently, I struggled to write anything that I didn't feel self-conscious about, and so, for the most part, I quit. And then I felt guilty. Kind of like when you quit a diet, working out, sticking to your budget or heaven forbid, when you break into your kid's piggy bank to borrow a few bucks.

Things would happen and I would just about be bursting at the seams to write about it, but it never happened. I would start writing and the enemy would tell me how ridiculous the story sounded, or how it could be misinterpreted or that no one would be interested. And I bought into each lie he whispered.

Until recently. A few friends and I were out to dinner and were talking about things....everything from food to kids to marriage to struggles and heartache and spiritual warfare. And each time one of us would share something, someone in the group would have an encouraging word or a testimony or a verse or story to help the others who were struggling. And it hit me....God gives us this life, this story, to tell....it's not by chance you have the life you have. It's not just luck of the draw that you have the family, job, income or health you have. Whether good, bad or ugly....it's part of your story.

So I've asked a few friends to come along side and tell their stories as I tell mine. I don't guarantee that you're going to relate or love everything you hear. I don't promise that you won't cry, or disagree or think we're crazy....in fact, I can pretty much guarantee you will. But I can tell you we will be real, honest, funny, thought-provoking and as transparent as we can. God's given us this story....and we're going to tell it.

We want you to be an active part in what we are doing here....ask questions, leave a comment, repost if something encourages you. And most of all, if you've got a story to tell (and you do), share it with us and we might just use it on our blog here....you never know who will be encouraged by your storytelling!

Keep telling the story!
Gina

PS...Check out this great Storyteller song!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your story!